Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Justice

"Righteous people are usually either ignored or admired; seldom are they persecuted. The people who pursue justice are the ones who get under people's skin and are persecuted"
- Wolterstorff, 2006

What is the use of pursuing righteousness? Is it all for selfish gain? is it so that other people look up to me and think oh wow! that girl is such a righteous person. I have been trying to pursue righteousness for years now, how have I been so off the mark? Reflecting, I don't think so, it is what you do with the righteousness. Justice is something that I should be pursuing alongside of righteousness. Not a retributive type of kick-you-in-the-teeth type justice, but a pursuit of fairness, a primary justice. If done correctly, this can turn into a righteous justice.

Now. How is it that I do this? How do I pursue justice? This is something that I must think on. How this looks for my life. What implications does this have for my art work? My actions? My thoughts of others?

No comments:

Post a Comment