Sometimes I feel like I really understand people who do things just to forget. Forget what life is and focus on something else for a while, rather than your own problems. I guess that's what therapy kind of means. Except, therapy implies healing. Forgetting or repressing something is not always a good thing.
I lost myself. I lost myself and I didn't realize that I had. Not until good friends pointed it out to me. I'm sure I subconsciously realized it. I was scared to be an aspect of myself so I ran from it. I ran from myself. How could I do that? How could it take this long to bring me back?
Mental health is such a key part of my calling. I missed it. It wasn't until class today that I realized what I had been missing, who I am called to help and support. How I can be a support and that my role, what ever it may be or look like is important. I must be a fierce advocate for justice, for reconciliation, for love.
How does a shepherd take care of her sheep? What can I do to help those around me? What humble attitude can I adopt that will bring health, nourishment, protection and care to those around me? How can I protect people? I can pray, a must in every situation.
I will be a passionate human being. I will not be apathetic, overwhelmed by my own problems, selfishly absorbed in the muck surrounding me. I will be passion filled, a fierce advocate for God's will.
No comments:
Post a Comment